(This info is in video form under the message tab)
Good morning Grace Memorial Baptist Church family,
We are so excited that we are able to start taking steps back to normalcy. We miss fellowshipping and worshiping with you in person. But let me say I am so proud of you and your faithfulness in ministering as the church scattered.
As I begin to share with you our Phase One homecoming plan, know that there is no judgement or pressure for you to return before you are comfortable doing so. We encourage you to continue to worship with us online in the mean time.
During Phase One the following plan will be implemented starting this Sunday, May 17.
- We will continue to do Sunday school online at 9:00 AM. If you do not have a class let us know and we will connect you with one.
- Family Worship (no nursery or kids church) will begin at 10:30 AM both on-campus and on the church website, Facebook live, YouTube and Instagram. The fire Marshall campout and did an occupant assessment for our sanctuary last week. Our occupancy level is 913 people. During the governor’s Phase I plan we can have 25% of that number which is 228 people.
- For those that are going to worship with us on-campus we are asking that you bring and wear a mask during the worship time. We do have some available if needed. They will be at the from entrance. I know that nobody likes wearing a mask and that everyone has an opinion and not even the experts all agree. But since we don’t know for sure, and some people would not feel safe returning without them at the present time, we are going to follow the example of scripture in Romans 12:9-10. Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor. Paul elsewhere said that he was free from the law and could eat meat, but he chose not to so that others may not stumble. And then of course there is the sacrificial life of Jesus we could look at.
- All doors will be propped open. Please do not crowd though or linger in the doorways.
- There will be hand sanitizer at the entrances
- We will be no handouts. You can print out the sermon notes/kid’s activity pages and bring them with you.
- Please refrain from physical contact. No welcome time.
- Pews are marked for social distancing. We have skipped every other pew, and have placed blue tape in the areas that you may sit in. You will note that there are different sized spaces for singles, couples, and differing family sizes. Please try to sit accordingly so that families may stay together.
- There will be no choir or orchestra during this phase.
- The Worship service will be the only on-campus activity during phase 1.
- If you are sick please stay home.
- Once again if you are at risk, hesitant, or cannot wear a mask please continue to worship with us from home.
- There is a 2 question survey posted below this post. Please just 1 survey per family.
- The office personnel will be back starting Monday from 8-4:30 for business purposes if you need to pick up or drop off something.
- We love and miss you and look forward to seeing you in person again.